Hey lady, you lady 嘿 女士
cursing at your life 你在詛咒你的生活
You re a discontented mother 你是一個不滿足的母親
and a regimented wife 也是一個處處受老公宰制的太太
I ve no doubt you dream about 我一點也不懷疑
the things you ll never do 你夢想著做些你從未做過的事
But I wish someone had talked to me 但我卻希望以前有人可以告訴我
like I wanna talk to you..... 我現在想告訴你的話
Ooh I ve been to Georgia and California 我曾去過喬治亞, 加利福尼亞
and, anywhere I could run 任何我能去的地方
I took the hand of a preacher man 我曾牽著傳教士的手
and we made love in the sun 和他在陽光下做愛
but I’ve run out of places 但我不斷的流浪
and friendly faces 不斷的離開我的朋友
because I had to be free 因為我需要自由
I ve been to paradise 我曾去過人們心目中的天堂
but I ve never been to me... 但我不曾做過自己
Please lady, please, lady 女士
don t just walk away 請不要就這樣走開
cause I have this need to tell you 因為我想告訴你
why I m all alone today 為什麼到現在我還孤單一人
I can see so much of me 在你眼中我看到一個
still living in your eyes 活生生的自己
Won t you share a part 你要不要分享一下
of a weary heart 你疲憊的心
that has lived a million lies....... 這顆已說了太多謊言的心
Ooh I ve been to Nice and the Isle of Greece 我曾到過法國尼斯和希臘愛琴海的小島
while I ve sipped champagne on a yacht 在那裡 我躺在遊艇上 喝著香檳
I ve moved like harlot in Monte Carlo 我也在蒙地卡羅 像個交際花一般
and showed em what I ve got 週旋在男人之間 竭盡所能的挑逗他們
I ve been undressed by kings 我也曾受過國王親自為我寬衣的榮寵
and I ve seen some things 也看過一些身為女人
that a woman ain t supposed to see....... 不該看的東西
I ve been to paradise, 我曾去過人們心目中的天堂
but I ve never been to me....... 但我不曾做過自己
Hey, you know what paradise is? It s a lie. 你知道什麼是天堂嗎 那是一個謊言
A fantasy we create about 一個依照我們喜歡的樣子
people and places as we d like them to be. 所杜撰出來的人事地物
But you know what truth is? 你知道真實的情況是什麼嗎
it s that little baby you re holding 那是你手臂裡抱著的小娃娃
it s that man you fought with this morning 那是你今天早上才吵過架
the same one you re going to make love with tonight 晚上卻又做愛的同一個男人
that s truth, that s love......... 那才是真實 那才是愛
Sometimes I ve been to crying for unborn children 有時候我會為我來不及出世的孩子哭泣
that might have made me complete 也許他們才能讓我成為一個完整的女人
but I.....I took the sweet life 但我卻為了貪圖奢華的生活
and never knew I d be bitter from the sweet 反而嚐盡苦果
I ve spent my life exploring the subtle whoring我曾花了生命中的精華歲月 從事娼妓的工作
that costs too much to be free.... 才知道 要過著自由自在的生活 代價如此之大
hey lady...... 女士
I ve been to paradise...... 我曾去過人們心目中的天堂
but I ve never been to me.......... 但我不曾做過自己